Interview - Sing Yu Chan


Sing Yu Chan student at the London College of Fashion explored in his Final Major Project the concept of “Metamorphosis”. Symbol of deconstruction the garments represents in the collection a statement exploring within colours, organic fabrics, the foundation of tailoring.

unimaginaireirresolu
"How can you express the soul of your garments ?"

Sing Yu Chan
"As a designer, the soul of the garments just like a mirror, represents my interests, lifestyle and character. 
'Science and  art engines of creativity in any dynamic culture, are commonly thought of as being as different as day and night.' It is from a book I like which explore the relationship between science and art. This sentence is the starting point of my research. My collection's theme 'Metamorphosis' is a biological process, a profound change in form from one stage to the next in the life history of an organism. In my collection, I get inspiration from the research about human being transform from one form to the other in the future, then  create an innovative menswear collection."

unimaginaireirresolu
"What makes you believe in Fashion ?"

Sing Yu Chan
"It is a way to express myself, also the way to dig deep into myself."

Collaboration Project with Yuan Tian (Knitwear)
Photographer, Jose Montemayor
Stylist, Sophia Drakou
Model, Oliver Cookson @ AMCK

Comments