Interview - Sandro Marzo


Sandro Marzo establishes a dialogue where the emotions define an interpretation, something abstract such as the textures are becoming alive within the vision of the wearer. Strength of harmony, the designer creates with aptly a fine balance where the garments are the reflection of a melodious modernity.

unimaginaireirresolu
"How can you express the soul of your garments ?"

Sandro Marzo
"I constantly look at all sorts of garments and tissues and I see textures, which I then try to imagine as textiles. Sometimes there are garments or textures that trigger emotions and sometimes a dialogue evolves from those first emotions. Think about the metal surfaces of artist Richard Serra. I select a number of carrier materials and then impose a governing concept, for instance the rough iron surface of Serra's sculpture onto them. Thereby a originally heterogeneous group of textiles becomes uniform, it's like creating an homogenous army of garments"

unimaginaireirresolu
"What makes you believe in Fashion ?"

Sandro Marzo
"I don't believe in fashion as a religion-like or stable concept.

For me fashion is simply a platform that allows me to create a complete silhouette, exactly modelled after my visions. It provides endless freedom and power. I am free to create things how I like them to be"


"Fade-In" | Spring/Summer 2014 Collection 
Photographer, Pete Cameron Dominkovits

Comments